Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mission to Mexico 2013

I plan to use this blog for a little while to talk about my mission trip with my daughter in 2008 and my new mission trip in 2013. I hope you will stick around. Hopefully it might encourage you to do missions. We also do missions through making cards for various groups over Christmas which you can see by looking back at dates around Christmas over the past two to three years.

The last time I went on a trip it was with my daughter Ashley. She was only 6 back then.  Now she is 12 and I will be going with both of my daughters this year. The last trip began very interestingly. Ashley woke up and looked awful by her expression. Within about 10 minutes she was vomiting.  I couldn't understand why out of the blue, a girl who never gets sick even when others are sick from eating the same food would be sick on the first day of our mission trip. We had the tickets, passports and everything so I decided this was not of God her being sick and we went to the airport with a bag in hand for her to continue vomiting in. She did not fail us. She vomited at the airport curb, in airport baggage, inside the terminal and on the plane. The women and man we were traveling with circled around her and prayed for her. She stopped vomiting about midway through the first flight and never vomited again the entire time we were in Mexico.

Don't know why she was vomiting but God said trust him and I did. She was so beautiful and helpful while she was in Mexico. It was wonderful seeing that side of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Album

Shimmerz

Stylish Blog Award.

Stylish Blog Award.

Cute Bear Award

Cute Bear Award

Disney Award

Disney Award

Cuttlebug Challenge